Food Safety Training Level 3
On completion of this course, you will be able to formulate and implement a comprehensive food safety management system in the workplace. You will have achieved the standard necessary to organise the necessary training for their staff.
Participants will be fluent in both the principles and practices of effective food hygiene management.
This course is run over 4 days. There is a 2-hour written examination on the final day. Participants are also required to submit a project one month after completion of the Management of Food Hygiene course. This qualification is the first step to becoming a Food Safety Trainer.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for food business owners, managers, head chefs, and those with responsibility for the implementation and management of food safety and HACCP. It is a requirement that at least one person in each food business has a Level 3 qualification. The National Hygiene Partnership however recommend that at least two managers or chefs in each business should have this qualification.
Competence in Food Safety Training Level 1 and Level 2 should be demonstrated before progression to Level 3.
- Basic Microbiology, Food Poisoning & Food Borne Disease
- Personal Hygiene
- Purchasing, Delivery and Storage
- Food Preparation and Cooking & Reheating
- Holding, Display, Service and Preservation
- Cleaning and Disinfection
- Food Safety Legislation
- Pest Control
- Design and Construction of Food Premises and Equipment
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point
- Training Documentation and Records
- Course Revision and Examination Information